At Advocates HHC, we believe our clients select Advocates because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient services and meaningful experiences.
The company was started due to a need of a family member and it's staff is commited to provide care and guidance to every family in this situation.
We are a small close knit group of professionals, who are looking for someone with a previous record and ability to grow the company and become an important member of the team.
This position reports to the president of Advocates Home Health Care.
If you are looking to join a small devoted team and believe in your ability to bring it to a different level, then you are the right person for us!
! This is a uinque opportunity for someone who understands the home health industry to grow! Benefits* Referral Program
* Company Holidays * Paid Vacation
* Bonus Structure Responsibilities* Responsible for overall coordination of business development and education of patients, insurance companies, physicians, hospitals, nurses, community resources, other health care specialists and the local community.
* Ensure continuity of care, smooth interaction and communication between all involved in patient care activities in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, is responsible for development of home health programs in the general community.
* Visits and establishes effective rapport with physicians, office staff, discharge planners and other referral sources.
* Participates in external marketing, including building relationships with referral sources, supporting marketing functions sponsored by the communities to engage in community networking, conducting physician visits, and meeting with discharge planners as needed.
* Responsible for community home health program development in cooperation with management and assess the needs of the program and develops a marketing plan of action with quarterly goals.Integrates efforts with community marketing team to ensure efforts are coordinated and in line with the community's goals.
* Seeks new markets in the community to promote education.
* Participates in the planning for expansion of patient referrals.
* Develops and delivers health educational services.
* Attends weekly case conferences and provides feedback/reports on patient's progress.
* Acts as liaison to physician to report patient's progress toward goals, response to treatment, or updated treatment plans.
* Serves as a liaison with hospital planners to ensure smooth transition from hospital to home.
* Creates and presents business plan to target physicians, Assisted Living Facilities and other key referral sources.
If a licensed clinician, may be asked to occasionally cover community based residents as needed for SOC, care plan development or assistance with staffing.
* Other duties as assigned Qualifications* Education and ExperienceBachelor's Degree with a major in Marketing, and/or Licensed Nurse preferred.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in sales or public relations, preferably in a home health care company or a minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience; or therapist, social worker, or medically trained equivalent, with experience in social services coordination for patients with multiple, complex medical and/or socioeconomic needs.
* Must be able to travel as required by the above duties.
* Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid driver's license.
* Uses good judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines.
* Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents.
Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
* Working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability.
* Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process.
* Has working knowledge of the organization.
* Familiarity with health care reimbursement.
* Knowledge of principles and techniques of effective written and verbal communications.
* Effective interpersonal skills in relating to physicians, other health specialists in the community, management and co-workers, over the phone and in person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN (46260)