The successful candidate will enjoy the following:
- Working with multiple clients, learning their businesses and optimizing their accounting workflow.
- Taking on the occasional “shoebox”, putting it in order, and setting up clients to be successful on our cloud-based platform.
- Collaborating with the clients’ team, providing support and data to help drive decision making.
- Learning and implementing cutting-edge technology tools to provide each client with the best possible accounting solutions, business processes and efficiencies.
- Being part of our community of talented colleagues who serve as a resource in answering questions and providing guidance in support of clients.
As an FOA, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the new client on-boarding process.
- Executing, as applicable, processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable management, bookkeeping entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis. May also include payroll, HR administration, and special projects as assigned.
- Managing day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budget parameters.
- Collaborating with your Supervisor and other Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services – timely and effective communication, delivery on deadlines and deliverables, and providing value through stellar accounting support.
The qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability to provide detailed level bookkeeping support – accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books on a monthly basis, and preparing financial reporting and analysis for small businesses.
- 1+ years of transactional accounting experience using QuickBooks for/in a professional organization.
- Capacity to work 20-30 hours a week during daytime business hours supporting clients.
- Ability to work from a home office providing a professional, quiet atmosphere.
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping small businesses succeed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data.
- Willingness to travel to client locations for on-site meetings with clients located in Indiana, to our Knightstown office for staff meetings and other training and to meet with other team members at various locations.
Location/Region: Knightstown, IN