Date Posted: 5/22/2019 Job Code: RGLCOMSPE Location: Indianapolis.IN.MR31 City: 9503 E 33 rd Street State: IN Country: United States of America Category: Safety Description
The purpose of the Regulatory Compliance Specialist is to ensure that all incoming drivers are in compliance with both company policies and Federal regulations.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures as set forth in your employee handbooks. You are required to understand 100% of their content.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) pertaining to the qualification of drivers.
- Review the qualifications of each incoming driver and ensure compliance with company polices and Federal regulations.
- Promptly provide accurate employment data to the requesting motor carrier, as required by FMCSR.
- Review and analyze documents pertaining to a driver’s prior driving history, such as motor vehicle records, accident reports, and inspection reports.
- Assist drivers in troubleshooting licensing issues.
- Assist drivers with self-certification requirements to maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Effectively communicate regulatory and company requirements to inquiring drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Education and Experience
- College degree preferred
- entry level position
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and a flexible spending account.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan and paid vacation.
- Extensive Wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities.
- Undergraduate and graduate school tuition reimbursement program.
- Continuous learning and development provided by a dedicated training department.
- On site primary care medical facility, available to employees and family members enrolled in company health insurance.
Celadon, one of Indiana’s fastest growing companies, is looking for top candidates to join our winning team! Apply today for the opportunity to work with an industry leader to service our Fortune 500 client-base.
About this company
Celadon is one of the largest and most progressive transportation and logistics companies in North America. Founded in 1985, Celadon has grown continuously for over 28 years and now employs over 4,000 associates worldwide. We have the newest equipment operated by the most skilled drivers on the road; our expertise means reliability and dependability. As one of the top truckload carriers in North America, we have international resources strategically located within the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In addition to international business, Celadon also offers a range of truckload transportation services within the United States, including long-haul, regional, local and dedicated. Our facilities allow us to provide a total transportation solution. Celadon Logistics provides freight management services, less-than-truckload consolidation and freight brokerage services. Celadon Dedicated Services offers supply chain management solutions, such as warehousing and dedicated fleet services. You can count on us for solutions to all your transportation and logistics needs.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN