AIM Media, one of Southern Indiana’s fastest growing media companies, is looking for an energetic, organized and service-oriented individual to join its sales force as a Digital and Print Account Executive.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of marketing services such as print advertisements, online advertising, special publications, magazines and digital marketing for the Daily Journal.
We are seeking hungry and moldable individuals to strategize and offer our unique advertising solutions to local business owners. In addition, the candidate selected to join our team will be upselling existing accounts as well as growing local business. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Goal oriented...you're known for destroying your sales goals
- Build a pipeline of prospects & close deals
- Dependable...more reliable than spontaneous
- Persuasive...you can explain advertising solutions in simple terms
- People oriented...enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible...enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement oriented...enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent...enjoys working with little direction
- Develop great solutions to help customers WIN!
- 1+ years of business to business based sales experience with a successful track record of achievement, prospecting and cold-calling.Allowances for the exceptional in other areas would be considered.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high transactional sales environment.
- Prospecting skills, including the ability to engage in high-level cold-calling to qualify and close new accounts.
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record required.
- Previous or similar experience in the following areas is also preferred; Account Executive, Account Representative, Media Sales, Digital Advertising Sales, Account Management, Sales Representative, Inside Sales, Outside Sales, SEO Sales, SEM Sales, Direct Sales, and Marketing.
The “Right Skills & Characteristics”:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic & mental toughness
- Ability to multi-task
- PC skills, especially MS Office
- Internet savvy (Google, Yahoo, Social Media etc)
- Ability to “think on your feet”
- Positive attitude and high character
- Competitive spirit
- Desire to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Sense of humor
If you possess these attributes, are self motivated, have a positive attitude, can work as a team, and have a strong desire to learn, we want to talk to you!
The Daily Journal offers a full benefits package including health & dental, 401(k) with company match, and more!
About this company
We are the leading information source in our communities.
Through our demonstrated integrity and our dedicated and comprehensive approach to balanced and credible journalism, we earn the trust and support of local readers, viewers, businesses and advertisers.
Location/Region: Franklin, IN