Pioneer Brand Seed
Mycogen Brand Seed
Are you ready to seek a new challenge? If so, our Manufacturing Technician role may be the perfect opportunity for you. Here at Corteva Agriscience, we are growing what’s next by building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of both science and technology (that’s where you come in!) that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of mankind.
Our Rushville corn production plant is a high energy, fun team who functions with semi-autonomous work cells. If you are a natural leader who loves continuous improvement and are independently driven, then this is the place for you! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply! Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
The Rushville facility runs a 24/6 or 16/5 schedule during peak periods. Shift schedules for this role will vary and depend on demand. Required on-call work to ensure processes are running will apply to this role also.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- High School diploma/GED
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willingness and ability to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willingness and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Willingness and ability to work shift work
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
- Two years of on-the-job related agricultural, production, or manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
- Knowledge of field equipment desired
- Teamwork skills
Let’s peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
- Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
You can grow your career with us with these amazing benefits:
- $18-28/hr. depending on qualifications & experience
- Safe, Clean Environment
- Flexible Hours (partial year)
- Health, Dental, Vision-starting day one
- 9 paid holidays & 20 days paid time off-starting day one
- Employee Clothing Allowance $250
- HSA Available
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent 401K package 6% match w/additional 3%
- 40 hrs. Family illness time
- Possible sign on bonus
- Safe work-culture/Employee autonomy/Family environment
About this company
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Location/Region: Rushville, IN (46173)