This position will be responsible for monitoring irregularities in grain products, cleaning the grain bins and storage facilities, loading grain onto trains and trucks, collecting samples of grain, performing maintenance work, maintaining a clean, safe work environment at all times and performing other duties.
Position Summary: Primary responsibility is the operation of the grain elevator as it pertains to loading, unloading and transferring grain and grain products in an efficient, safe and sanitary manner. Also assists or leads in all other aspects of grain handling, storage, maintaining facilities/equipment and elevator operations.
• Assists in all areas of the loading, unloading and transferring of grain and grain products for truck, barge, rail (location specific) and inspects barges, trucks and railcars before loading.
• Gauges and reports product levels in grain storage, trucks, barges and railcars
• Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties and assists in basic maintenance activities
• Know and understand all facets of Bunge’s safety programs and culture, lead safety talks and recognize HPE’s and other job related hazards around the facility.
• Performs grain receiving, weighing and grading duties and visually monitors grain and grain products for irregularities.
• Ability to operate more advanced equipment and help with larger maintenance projects
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired
• 1-2 years of experience
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
• Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment.
• Proficient operating basic equipment (mower, tractor, boat, etc.)
• Some mechanical background including the ability to recognize signs of operation failure
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel.
• Agricultural experience preferred
Work Hours and Conditions:
Harvest Season Hours (60 plus per week)
Non Harvest Season Hours (40-50 per week)
• Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
• Climbing stairs and ladders
• Lifting up to 75 lbs
• Shoveling product
• Entering and working in confined spaces
• Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
• Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
• Working over water
Bunge offers Competitive Pay, Medical/Dental, 401K Match and many more benefi ts! Bunge takes pride in developing their employees and offers many opportunities to promote within their operational area. Applicants considered for the position will be required to successfully complete the Company s employee selection process including the following: employment application, authorization for background check and eVerify, interview, pre-employment drug test, and pre-employment, post-offer medical examination.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
About this company
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
Location/Region: Morristown, IN (46161)