Quality On Tap! Our Commitment Our Profession
Brown County Water Utility, Inc.
Field Services Person - Full-Time Position - Rural Water Utility Distribution System & Maintenance.
Competitive wages are based on qualifications.
• Distribution System Maintenance
• Meter Reading and miscellaneous as assigned
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Experience in water treatment, plumbing or similar construction field a plus
• Brown County resident or live within a surrounding County and a very close proximity
• Reasonable knowledge of the Utility Service Area
• Individual needs to be without physical limitation; job will involve physical labor, lifting, etc.
• Willing to work overtime and after hours on Service Call rotation with other employees
• DSL (Distribution System Large) training and certification within 2 years of hire date
• WT3 (Water Treatment) training and certification within 3 years of hire date
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Background check required
• Drug Screen will be required
• Ability to effectively manage time
• Ethical work habits
• Solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to effectively work independently, but also work well in
• Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Health Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan
• Cell Phone
• Company Vehicle
Brown County Water Utility, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, offering a challenging career opportunity, professional training, and competitive compensation & benefits.
About this company
Brown County Water Utility, Inc., is an Indiana non-profit corporation 501 (c) (12), membership owned and organized to operate a rural water system in this area.
The Board of Directors are Brown County Water Utility “Members” that must meet specified criteria to be eligible to serve the membership. The criterion is explained in the Corporation By-Laws. Directors are elected to serve 3-year terms, by a membership vote, during the Annual meeting that takes place in the month of April. Currently, the Board of Directors consist of (7) Brown County Water Utility members.
The mission of Brown County Water Utility is to improve the quality of life for its rural service area by supplying its members with quality water at a reasonable cost.
Location/Region: Morgantown, IN (46160)