Monitor, operate, and maintain the hexane solvent extraction process in the final step of extracting oil from soybean flakes in a soybean processing plant. Work in a 24/7 facility, rotating shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Control production operations involving many variables (flows, pressures, temperatures, etc.) by observing field temperature gauges, pressure gauges, and flow meters frequently to regulate and maintain required process parameters, making adjustments as required.
- Operate and maintain distillation, extraction, DT tanks, hexane tanks and other equipment that run as a continuous process in the final step of extracting oil from soybean flakes in the extraction area.
- Record process activities on log sheets by obtaining required information from the field.
- Keep track of individuals who enter/exit extraction area in the event an evacuation needs to occur.
- Obtain samples of product and send to Quality Control Lab to verify quality specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems by investigating and inspecting all process and machine malfunctions to solve and eliminate process related problems.
- Clean assigned work area and various equipment to ensure efficient functioning and quality production.
- Perform Lock-out/Tag-out and release equipment to Maintenance for repairs.
- Follow safety protocol for the extraction area and the overall facility.
- Perform minor maintenance duties and PM duties of oiling and greasing equipment.
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB
- Tanks, pumps, hand tools, power tools, hoses, power washer, manually operated valves, respirator.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent, and related industrial experience or training.
- Basic knowledge of process equipment.
About this company
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables.
Location/Region: Seymour, IN