Associates in Pediatric Therapy (APT) is a therapeutic clinical practice providing services for children with special needs in Kentucky and Southern IN. We have been “Advancing Patients to their next Therapeutic level” since 2007 and awarded Best Places to Work for 2018!
We have an immediate opening for 2 full-time Speech Language Pathologists to serve as the APT therapists within the Scott County school system . Position follows school district schedule, with additional APT opportunities available.
Position overview: It is the overall responsibility of the Speech Language Pathologist to assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, social /cognitive communication and swallowing disorders in patients. Provide family focused therapy in an effort to advance each patient to their next therapeutic level. This position will follow the school schedule for attendance and closings.
- Complete physician ordered evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders.
- Ensure the procedural guidelines of the school system are strictly adhered to.
- Perform therapy for a specified amount and duration, to assist patients in obtaining their highest possible level of functioning and prevention of regression.
- Prepare and complete detailed documentation of staff and progress notes identified in the plan of care.
- Provide training and education to family/caregivers and other professionals.
- Collaborate with school staff and therapist in other disciplines to ensure needs of the patient are met.
- Maintain active Indiana SLP license and certifications as required by the state board.
- Prepare and complete all treatment/discharge paperwork is completed daily and entered in electronic medical records system for billing.
- Ensure APT ethical guidelines, policies and procedures are followed at all times.
APT is a drug free, EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Scott County, IN