Beaty Construction, Inc., a heavy higway contractor, has a full-time opportunity for a Payroll Specialist. This position will be responsible to review and process timecards on a weekly basis for the company. Prior Construction experience would be ideal but not required. A background in Payroll or general accounting experience are desired.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintaining payroll information by collating, calculating and entering data.
- Maintaining payroll records for employee information for benefits, insurance, taxes and retirement plan deductions.
- Be responsible for making federal, state, and local tax payments.
- Preparing reports that include earnings, tax deductions, garnishments & other financial information.
- Answer requests for verification of wages and employment history.
- Administer payments of union benefits per the terms of collective bargaining agreements.
- Associates Degree in Accounting but not required.
- 2-5 years of Payroll or General Accounting experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Moderate skill with microsoft excel.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance.
- Paid Sick, Vacation and Holiday time off.
- 401K and Employee Stock Ownership retirement plans.
- The position does offer somewhat of a flexible schedule.