We are currently hiring Program Specialists for our Greenfield, IN offices.
The Program Specialist is responsible for serving as the customer’s primary point of contact providing operational and reimbursement support to complex programs within Covance. After comprehensive training, you will respond to requests from patients and healthcare partners. Additionally, you will also be in constant contact with medical insurance companies to help them understand and navigate the complexities of insurance coverage for a prescribed therapy. He/She needs to be a self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative, identifying barriers, and working with the appropriate parties to eliminate these obstructions for the customers. In addition, he/she is proficient and knowledgeable about all the services provided on their assigned program(s).
This is your opportunity to have an exciting career while making a difference in people’s lives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle incoming calls from customers, and place outgoing calls to patients and healthcare partners.
- Document calls in appropriate tracking system, handle/escalate calls per established guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct insurance research on behalf of patients to determine if they are eligible for prescribed therapy.
- Work with partner distributors and pharmaceutical manufactures to request products per assigned program guidelines and track shipments.
- Become an insurance market expert to educate patients on all options available.