Commercial Printing - Post Rd & E. Washington St
Established Printing Company has the following openings:
Sheet-Fed Press Operator (12x18 to 14x20)
First shift, wage $22-25/hour based on experience.
Printing company is looking for experienced Sheetfed Press Operators. Responsibilities include the operation and routine maintenance of a Sheetfed Perfecting Press at a full-service printing company. A qualified applicant should be able to complete job orders and meet all quality standards after 90 days of training on the machine.
Employees at this level must have a high school diploma or advanced technical school training.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, safety guidelines, job instructions and other work related material
- Ability to set up the press and ancillary equipment to run specific jobs within prescribed times while meeting operational, quality and safety standards
- Ability to communicate with other manufacturing and warehouse employees verbally and via computer, entering basic data into system including time sheet information
- Ability to perform basic math in set ups
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Use fine motor skills to make appropriate machine adjustments
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment, operation of moving equipment
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries
- Familiar with small tool adjustments, use of lift equipment
Must be able to lift 70 pounds
Printing Apprentice (New position!)
Growth opportunity for ambitious
First Shift position, wage is $18-20/hr.
Provide custom printed products to our customers is essential to the function and operation of our company. The candidate for this position will need to learn to perform duties which will enable them to set up and operate cylinder type press for high speed, two sided printing of labels, tags and forms. They will have the general responsibilities:
- Train to work from shop orders, specifications and instructions.
- Check and verify paper stock for job runs, mount and web paper through prescribed operation sequence and make setups for two sided, multiple color and multiple layer printing and processing.
- Adjust feed guides, grippers and elevator, synchronize feed and timing for multiple part and layer mating and adhesion and mount and adjust plates to cylinder.
- Adjust and align adhesives applications, slotting, slitting and perforating dies, die cutters, machine controls, inking and feeders and repack cylinders as required.
- Make initial run, checking printing and register, make final adjustments to correct press and obtain approval for run.
- Regulate ink flow, adjust equipment during run to avoid register slippage or poor impression and color register and maintain quality standards.
- Remove printed material, place in containers or cartons, load and move to designate locations.
- Clean press and press are, lubricate press periodically, clean rollers and plates and change ink at end of press run as required.
- Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
The qualities and skills which will be necessary are:
- High school diploma
- Three months similar experience or equivalent education (Recent successful completion or current enrollment in classes in mechanical/technical fields)
- Excellent math, ruler, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to differentiate color
- Experience with and ability to work efficiently with hand tools and measuring instruments
- Ability to use a computer
- Mechanical inclination
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. several times daily
- Ability to work standing and walking and visually inspect product as it is manufactured
- Interest in hands-on work operating printing equipment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with others
- Good memory
- Detail oriented
- Work ethic reflecting sense of urgency. Follow safety rules
- Ability to keep work area organized and clean
Salary - $20-22/hour based on print experience.
Some requirements include:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, to include phone skills - listening, analyzing information and resolving conflict.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving
- Detail oriented document skills with proactive follow-through
- Exceptional skills in managing multiple projects/multitasking
- Computer skills & proficiency
- Printing experience required, prepress experience a plus
- commercial printing customer service: 2 years (Required)
All positions receive benefits that include: Company paid short term & long term disability, life insurance. Paid holidays and paid vacations as well as performance bonuses.
Apply Now or
Apply in person: 351 S. Post Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46219
About this company
Family Owned and operated for more than 35 years, BCT Indiana has been a trusted partner providing wholesale print solutions. We have a variety of ways to put your vision on paper. We can help lead you and your clients to solutions that perform, maximize and engage.
Great printers strive for perfection. It is our goal every day to deliver your order with value: Quality, speed and accuracy.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN (US - 46219)