Install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and modify electrical devices and systems associated with feeder and branch circuits and over-current protection.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and electronic equipment such as motors, switches, timers, transformer, and power rectifiers and photoelectric sensors.
- Selects and purchases electrical equipment as needed.
- Operates equipment and tools to complete such work as cutting, threading, bending conduit, removing and replacing conduit and fittings and junction boxes.
- Installs and connects distribution and utilization equipment components; ensures safety codes and national electric codes are met prior to installation.
- Draws, reads and interprets electrical schematics and one-line diagrams.
- Performs monthly/weekly calibrations as required by regulatory agencies.
- Serves as an active member of the Plant Emergency Response Team (PERT); ensures electrical shutdown in case of an emergency.
- Position works around hazardous materials and will require use of PPE.
- Operate fork lift or similar machinery
- Understand and follow related state and federal rules for waste management
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Education: High school diploma and be a certified electrical journeyman or completed an associate’s degree in an electrical related field
Experience: Three to five years’ experience as an electrician preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of principles of electricity and National Electric Codes. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment. PLC experience is preferred.
A post offer drug screen will be required. A post offer background check may be required.
Heritage Environmental Services, LLC https://heritageenviro.applicantpool.com
About this company
When it comes to safe and compliant disposal, the Heritage approach is visibly different. We invite you to check out our state-of-the-art facilities and see for yourself. We make sure our people are highly visible – and easily reachable – as they deliver your solution. (You’ll also find you’re quickly dealing with our decision makers without having to navigate through a complex organization.) We make waste services activity and reporting visibly easy and convenient with our expert data management systems.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN