St. Vincent Home Health is seeking a PRN Social Worker in the Indianapolis area! Must have Indiana Social Worker License. BSW or MSW We’re proud to offer outstanding pay, flexible scheduling, a positive work/life balance, room for professional growth & so much more!
Responsibilities Primary function is to provide coordinated care in the home to clients of all age groups and perform psychosocial assessments, analysis, counseling, and referrals to meet the needs of the patient/family Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency, i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
- Evaluates and assesses home health patients to identify psychosocial (counseling/intervention), financial, environmental, and community needs to include the POC, documentation, clinical records (clinical and progress notes), case conferences, and community resource referrals. Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Education/Licensing/Certification:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Current state license as a Social Worker
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- One year experience as an SW in a health care agency
Internal ID: 2019-19929
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN