The Project Manager is responsible for managing a team of hourly employees in a retailer location. This is a hands-on leadership role managing; assembling, adjusting, or moving gondola or pallet racking shelves, beams and wire decking, rotating stock, assembling displays, moving counters, setting product and signage using provided instruction documents, and all other aspects of merchandising in a retail store environment. Qualified individuals must have experience directly managing a crew in customer retail locations that utilize both gondola shelving and warehouse racking. As there is substantial travel required in this role, the 14 ideal candidates may live anywhere within the continental United States.
- Project Manager will perform projects that involve assembling, moving, variety of retail product lines, racking, fixtures, and displays. assemblies build while following merchandise flow.
- Lead a team of associates with mixed skill sets by being an example of professionalism throughout all aspects of each project; both while at a customer location, as well as during down time while with team members.
- Direct and assist fixture crews, vendors, stocking crews, etc. to complete all aspects of the retail project’s requirements.
- Communicate constructively with Driveline and Customer management in verbal and written communications providing daily updates regarding Progress, Challenges, Personnel, etc.
- Work with on-site leadership and client contact(s) to resolve any issues that are not addressed in the provided instruction documents.
- Ensure all work orders and photos are uploaded to the website at the completion of each day, and upon project completion, a sign-off form is completed with a member of store management.
- Submit weekly status report to the VP of Operations each Friday no later than 6:00 PM.
- Maintain and report accurate daily payroll hours for any hourly team members working under your direction.
- Partner with Human Resources and the VP of Operations to immediately document, report, and resolve any situations involving a team member’s well-being, performance, or unprofessional interactions with others.
- Must have over 1 year of direct on-site Retail Project Management experience of a crew of 2 or more
- Must have experience assembling and working with warehouse style racking (Lowe’s / Home Depot / Costco / Sam’s Club)
- Must have experience assembling and working with gondola style racking (Wal-Mart / Dollar General / Grocery / Drug Store / Convenience)
- Must possess a valid state issued driver’s license and have dependable transportation
- Must be able to provide proof of automotive insurance.
- Must be able to repetitively bend, stand, and walk, pull, push, and lift materials up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret Plan-o-Grams, schematics and written instructions
- Must be able to work with MS Word, MS Excel, Internet browsers, E‑mail, and Database software
- Must maintain professional appearance, presentation, and good personal grooming.
- Must be able to Travel as needed throughout the U.S. as scheduling needs dictate.
- Must be over the age of 18 (Please note in resume or cover letter if under 21)
Compensation and Benefit Package
- Full-Time, Salary position: $35,000 - $50,000 based on applicable experience
- Benefits include: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; 401K plan, Tuition Reimbursement program
- Company provided technology: Phone, Laptop w/mobile hotspot
- Company paid travel and hotel accommodations
- Expense and mileage reimbursement included directly to bi-weekly paycheck
Please email resume with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org fo consideration
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN