Athletic Trainer - SVSP Outreach - PRN, Evening - Indianapolis-8227 Northwest Bl - Indianapolis, IN
Monday - Friday is usually after school practices until games or practices are complete 2-8
Saturday and Sunday is dependent on what activities are going on at school or special event coverage
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent’s more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women’s health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Athletic Trainer with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assess injuries and manages comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- Develops conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Designs and implements comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluates and manages injuries. Maintains medical documentation on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Indiana Athletic Trainers Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfPlease note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
About this company
St. Vincent has been dedicated to improving the health of Indiana communities we have been privileged to serve for more than 140 years, with 20 health ministries serving in central and southern Indiana. Our more than 16,000 associates and 3,000 physicians provide a broad range of medical expertise and services, including cardiovascular, cancer care, orthopedics, neuroscience, women’s health, pediatric services through Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent, bariatrics, primary care, Level I Trauma emergency care, long-term acute care, primary care services and more. Combined with our exceptional medical expertise, our true legacy lies in the compassionate care given each and every day and a commitment to put our patients and their well-being first. In addition to improving the health of the communities we serve, St. Vincent provided more than $266 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN